Special thanks to attorney / instructor Larry Buck for inviting me to speak to his Florida Atlantic University “Law in the Real World” honors class about my practice, particularly how we apply traditional laws to new, emerging technologies.
- drone regulation
- First Amendment and social media (US v. Hobgood, B.L. v. Mahanoy School District)
- Invasion of Privacy
- True Threats and Emoji cases
- Social Media and Legal Ethics
- Can You Access Someone Else’s Facebook Account? (Florida Computer Crime Act, F.S. 815.06; Mario Crapps v. Florida; Umohefer v. Florida)
- One and Two Party Consent “Secret Recording” (F.S. 934.03; McDade v. Florida; Belle v. Florida; Florida v. Caraballo)
- Fifth Amendment and Smartphone passcodes, Touch ID, and Face ID (In the Matter of the Search Warrant Application of ____ (IL); G.A.Q.L. v. Florida; Florida v. Stahl); and
- Deep Fakes software
If you are interested, the Powerpoint is here.