A Google Trend report shows that “Florida Medical Marijuana” has generated massive attention since 2013.
I attended a recent Florida Cannabis Coalition meeting and, while the speakers were good, the attendees seemed uneducated (case in point, people literally got up and left when they heard about the $150,000 application fee and $5 millon bond).
As a baseline, to become educated on these developing legal issues in Florida, be aware of:
1. Florida Senate Bill 1030 “Charlotte’s Web” (signed by Gov. Scott): here
2. Florida Senate Bill 1700 Marijuana Indentity Protection Act (signed by Gov. Scott): here
3. Amendment 2: here
4. Cole Memo (August 2013): here
5. Cole Memo 2 (Feb 2014): here
6. Channel 5 WPTV-WPB: “Hundreds of entrepreneuers gather in Boca Raton tolearn how to make money from medical marijuana”: here. (I’m there around 1:01 m into the video)